poesia Geek

I Must Go Down to the Sea, by John Masefield (1902)

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea's face and a grey dawn breaking.
I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.
I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Must Go Code in the C, by Tim Davis (2008)

I must go code in the C again, to the lonely C and VI,
And all I ask is a Linux box and a mouse to steer her by,
And the while's break and the if-then and the valgrind's shaking,
And a dash O so the C's fast and a switch case breaking.
I must go code in the C again, for the call of recursive code
Is a wild call and a clear call that runs and won't be slowed;
And all I ask is a tall latte with the white foam frothing,
And no flung err and no blown stack, and the C goes flying.
I must go code in the C again, to the lonely code frontier,
Where no goto's in the while's way, where the logic is sharp and clear;
And all I ask is a #define from a fellow C-programmer,
And quiet sleep when a clean doc's in the LaTeX grammar.

3 comments:

Dan said...

...Now may you code in the power of the Source; may the Kernel, the Libraries and the Utilities be with you, throughout all Distributions, until the end of the Epoch. Amen.

Unknown said...

jejeje ese esta muy bueno

El Benjas said...

sta chido pando! me lo voy a fusilar para el blog de intel..

Post a Comment